Aussie going hopping mad

ha doctor, i had a sex at a legal brothel in melbourne around two weeks back. We had sex twice both time protected. Since then i have had a temperature that has since gone away (lasted a day or two), and stomach aches and general aches and pains as well as lethagy and headache. I know that protected sex makes it nearly imposible to get hiv unless the rain coat breaks. Do i have a risk and do i need testing. Im prety sure i havent caught HIV. Please help. My doctor said that i probably caught a minor virus. thoughts?

Hi Hopping Mad Aussie,

Relax Max! Protected sex is indeed "protected." That's why we call it "protected." Clever, eh? This, of course, assumes the latex condoms were used properly and did not break. I agree with your doctor. If you remain worried, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but if it keeps you from hopping around like a crazed kangaroo, it may well be worth the time and effort psychologically.

By the way, I'm headed to Oz next week via New Zealand. And before you ask, no, I won't be making any house calls, but you might find me surfing at one of Sydney's beaches. (I'll be the guy being pulled out of the water by the life saver.)

Known HIV Exp. Testing Post PEP
Please help raise mental health awareness