The End -- three years now (TERI AND MANDY, 2011)

Hi Dr. Bob, me again. Hard to believe it has been 3 years now since Mandy died. I still love her dearly and know that she is dancing in paradise now. That is what keeps me going is that she is in a better place. Just wanted to say thank you again for all you do on this site and with your foundation. As I started with the year after her death, each year at this time I will continue to send a $500 donation. What you do is important and people like you are why others get the help they need. Keep doing what you do. Ps--I think of you and your brother often. Teri

Hello Teri,

Have three years really flown by so quickly? I see the dates on the posted messages below and I can hardly believe it. It seems like only yesterday I was typing my original message to you. As for my brother Pete, sometimes when I'm preoccupied with other tasks and the phone rings, I automatically wonder if it might be Pete calling. Then the reality of his being gone comes racing back. We used to call each other during the day for very brief and often mischievous reasons. His sense of humor was similar to mine. He passed away January 21, 2007. But I really don't think of him as gone, but rather as merely gone ahead. Perhaps he's "dancing in paradise" with Mandy at this very moment. (If so, I feel sorry for Mandy because Pete wasn't a very good dancer!)

Teri, thank you once again for your very generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's a wonderful way to honor Mandy and simultaneously help those infected and affected by the pandemic. I have always found that whatever I give in the spirit of compassion and true generosity is returned to me a thousandfold in many unexpected ways. Some might call it karma. Personally I think it's Pete and Mandy looking after us as the higher powers smile their approval.

Be well Teri. Many thanks.

The End (Two years Later) Feb 14, 2010

Thank you for responding so soon. She (Mandy) does indeed show up in my dreams and is always healthy and happy. I will send another $500 dollar check this year. Keep it up. Teri

Hi Teri,

I sincerely hope those dreams of a healthy and happy Mandy bring you great comfort and peace.

Thank you for your very generous tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Your one gift will touch many lives. As a person living with the virus and on behalf of all those lives your gift will touch, please accept my heartfelt thanks. The next time Mandy walks through your dreams, give her a hug from me, OK?

Many thanks,

The End (Two years later) Feb 12, 2010

Hi Again, Dr. Bob,

Well it has now been two years since my daughter passed away and I don't look on here as much as I used too. Sometimes it is to hard to have that reminder of all this. I am doing better with our loss now and am very glad to see you are still here doing what you do a great job of. You are direct, honest and humorous. Thanks again for still being here. Also I have lost the info on where I sent my donations to each year. Can you put the address in here again for all of us who want to make donations to this very worthwhile cause.

Yes, I'm still here, and I remember you and your daughter well. I'll repost below your insightful comments/advice from February 2008. I'm amazed another two years have sped by. I'm sure your daughter still walks through your dreams now and then. My brother, who passed away in January 2007, still visits my dreams quite regularly. I'm comforted, because when he does, he's once again healthy and frequently smiling mischievously! I miss him as you miss your daughter, but I'm confident whatever parallel universe he's currently traveling in, he is "well" and content. That makes me smile. I hope with time you'll find the same comfort.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your ongoing support. It's warmly appreciated.

With my personal regards,

The End Feb 24, 2008

This is not a question. I just wanted to thank you for all of the info and compasion you provide when people really need it. I know you can joke and kid but somehow you also know when something is really bad. I have written a few times about my daughter and you always answered. Well our fight is over. She passed away two weeks ago after a 13 year fight. The point if you want to post this for those who come to your site looking for anwers is this : Please take this illness seriously and don't allow yourself to go into denial when you are feeling well. Take your medicines and don't take it for granted that when you mess one up there will always be another one or think the doctors will always be able to save you when you let things go to far. That is what she thought and now she is gone and we are all here missing her especially her young daughter who will not have her mother around to see her at HS dances, graduation, her wedding etc. Thanks Dr. Bob for all your caring...

I'm very sorry to learn of your daughter's passing. One thing I am certain of is that with her transition she has now found a place of health, comfort, peace and wonderment far, far beyond what we mere mortals can even dream about.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your insights. Let me end with a favorite poem of mine by Emily Dickinson:

This world

Is not conclusion:

A sequel stands beyond,

Invisible, as music,

But positive,

As sound.

(-Emily Dickinson)

You have my heartfelt condolences.

False Positive?? Please help, no where else to turn
Known HIV Exp. Testing Post PEP