Please please please I'm going nuts with guilt

Tell me that I can consider either the clearview complete or clear view stat pak HIV 1/2 definitive and conclusive if I test negative 10.5 years after a risky exposure. Or do I still have to go to the hospital to get a real ELISA lab test? I know there are similar posts but most questions regarding rapid testing are for early detection, not for late detection. Is it okay if this is the only test taken and it is taken 10 to 10 1/2 years after the possible exposure?

See below.

Another follow up re clearview test 10.5years after exposure pls reply I'm so worried Feb 3, 2011

Doc,

This is regarding the accuracy, how definite and conclusive is a rapid test by clear view 10.5 years after exposure supposing: 1. I am one of those unlikely and extremely rare controllers, 2. I already have AIDS and the antibodies are already almost gone? Without exaggerating, have been sleeping a couple of hours a day only for a few days straight and really haven't been sleeping much over the past few weeks. Worried I may have given something to my wife. Please reply, doc. I am getting so worried. I discussed it in length in my previous posts. On another note, my pledge to you continues, will do it as soon as I get home. I need that good karma. I really wanna start WOOHOOing but I don't know if I can consider the 3 weeks in a row as 100% definitive and conclusive. Best, The crazy nervous guy

Hello Crazy Nervous Guy,

A negative HIV-antibody test 10.5 years after a potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. I can't say it any more straightforwardly than that.

Regarding your specific questions:

1. No. Please note that elite controllers control HIV plasma viral load. However, they still always test HIV-antibody positive. If they didn't, we'd never know they were controlling anything, because we would't know they were infected!

2. No, of course not. You really are a "crazy nervous guy," aren't you?

I urge you to seek psychiatric help in controlling your anxiety and in coping with your totally irrational and completely unwarranted fears about HIV.

You should be WOO-HOO-ing, not worrying.

Thank fro your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed "well.")

rub a hiv woman wit my pans on then pass her han to he vajina and masturbate it I was in risk
positive hiv test, now 6 negative tests