Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please please please I'm going nuts with guilt
Feb 3, 2011

Tell me that I can consider either the clearview complete or clear view stat pak HIV 1/2 definitive and conclusive if I test negative 10.5 years after a risky exposure. Or do I still have to go to the hospital to get a real ELISA lab test? I know there are similar posts but most questions regarding rapid testing are for early detection, not for late detection. Is it okay if this is the only test taken and it is taken 10 to 10 1/2 years after the possible exposure?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

See below.

Dr. Bob

Another follow up re clearview test 10.5years after exposure pls reply I'm so worried Feb 3, 2011

Doc,

This is regarding the accuracy, how definite and conclusive is a rapid test by clear view 10.5 years after exposure supposing: 1. I am one of those unlikely and extremely rare controllers, 2. I already have AIDS and the antibodies are already almost gone? Without exaggerating, have been sleeping a couple of hours a day only for a few days straight and really haven't been sleeping much over the past few weeks. Worried I may have given something to my wife. Please reply, doc. I am getting so worried. I discussed it in length in my previous posts. On another note, my pledge to you continues, will do it as soon as I get home. I need that good karma. I really wanna start WOOHOOing but I don't know if I can consider the 3 weeks in a row as 100% definitive and conclusive. Best, The crazy nervous guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Crazy Nervous Guy,

A negative HIV-antibody test 10.5 years after a potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. I can't say it any more straightforwardly than that.

Regarding your specific questions:

1. No. Please note that elite controllers control HIV plasma viral load. However, they still always test HIV-antibody positive. If they didn't, we'd never know they were controlling anything, because we would't know they were infected!

2. No, of course not. You really are a "crazy nervous guy," aren't you?

I urge you to seek psychiatric help in controlling your anxiety and in coping with your totally irrational and completely unwarranted fears about HIV.

You should be WOO-HOO-ing, not worrying.

Thank fro your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed "well.")

Dr. Bob

Previous
rub a hiv woman wit my pans on then pass her han to he vajina and masturbate it I was in risk
Next
positive hiv test, now 6 negative tests

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.