upset stomach, swollen lymph nodes, fever
Feb 3, 2011
Two and a half weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex with a woman. During forplay she bit my tongue causing it to bleed. I then performed oral sex on her not knowing the condition of my tongue. I am very concerned. She doesn't believe herself to be hiv positive but has been having unprotected sex with another man. One week after exposure I had a fever and upset stomach (lower abdomin) that lasted for 3 days. Two and a half weeks later those symptoms have returned. I also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and ache throughout my body. My question sir is 1) is it possible to show the symptoms I described above a week after exposure? 2) have you ever heard of someone being infected in a similar circumstance? 3) what is the significance of stomach grumbling as it pertains to acute infection? Thank you so much for your time! What you do on this forum is truely lifechanging.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.
2. No. But then again I've not run across a story exactly like yours either! (Your gal-pal bites you tongue hard enough that it bleeds and then you give her oral sex? This is not a common story.)
3. Not related to HIV acute retroviral syndrome. Most likely it's related to your anxiety.
I would rate your HIV-acquisition risk as very low. If you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. If you're still in contact with Miss Tongue-Biter, you could ask her to get a rapid HIV test. Results are available in just a few minutes. Knowing that she is HIV negative would decrease your potential risk to the very remote possibility that she was only recently infected and still in her window period.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.