Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i want to tell you
Feb 1, 2011

Hi Dr. Franscino, I'm that same nineteen year old girl who sent an email earlier today about an HIV scare. I have been going through these archives, and Dr. Frascino, I want to tell you that you are my new role model and idol. I know, it's silly, because I have really no idea who you actually are, but I've been reading through your blogs and responses to people... You're amazing. You're actually amazing. Whether or not I am HIV+, I have decided that once I graduate, I WILL get in to the fields of HIV/AIDS studies and become an activist (I'm an International Development major at the University of Toronto, so I'd probably be helping people in more developing nations_... You have inspired me to change my life and become a better and new person. I have never had a role model nor have I idolized anyone before, but I do feel that way towards you.

I want to meet you some day. I really do. I know that you would never respond nor give this email a second glance, but you have single-handedly changed my life. I will definitely make a donation to your fund and project (It won't be that big... I'm a nineteen year old college student..haha)

so, yeah. That's all I have to say right now. I don't know if this is the correct way to send you emails, but this is it.

You have truly and honestly inspired me. You and your partner (..I read a lot from your blog! Which is great, because it's better than googling "HIV SYMPTOMS" all the time)

I only hope that I grow up to be someone like you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I'm delighted you have been exploring the information in the archives and my blogs and found it enlightening and inspirational! I wish more folks would utilize the wealth of information readily available on this site. I've been responding to questions (many very similar) for years and have built up extensive archives that are just waiting for someone's double click!

I was also pleased to read that you are considering a career in the HIV/AIDS field. BRAVO. We need everything from activists to scientists. (I'm a bit of both.)

Perhaps one day our paths will indeed cross. Until then, be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
literally going insane
Next
Dr BOB MY ANGEL I AM BACK.MANY A THANKS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL WORK AND SUPPORT!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.