lancet prick cause hiv?
Jan 31, 2011
I had gone today for blood donation to Asian heart institute in mumbai which is a JCI accredited and Niaho accredited. Before blood donation they first prick you with a lancet and take your blood to ascertain the blood group. I forgot to ask the doc on call whether the lancet was new or not, I normally always ask.
1. Can you get hiv infected by this lancet prick, I am scared? 2. Even if the lancet used to prick was a used one, can one get hiv infected? 3. Is there any cause for worry or can i woohoo? Iam a constant donor to your organisation and i would really help your reply to ease me off
best regards, indian
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Lancets are not reused. Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent.
2. No. HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body.
3. I see absolutely no cause for concern.
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Stop worrying. All is well, including you, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can Penicillin Cure Gonorrhea?
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- How Long Does The Hpv Vaccine Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.