lancet prick cause hiv?

Dear doc,

I had gone today for blood donation to Asian heart institute in mumbai which is a JCI accredited and Niaho accredited. Before blood donation they first prick you with a lancet and take your blood to ascertain the blood group. I forgot to ask the doc on call whether the lancet was new or not, I normally always ask.

My question

1. Can you get hiv infected by this lancet prick, I am scared? 2. Even if the lancet used to prick was a used one, can one get hiv infected? 3. Is there any cause for worry or can i woohoo? Iam a constant donor to your organisation and i would really help your reply to ease me off

best regards, indian

1. Lancets are not reused. Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent.

2. No. HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body.

3. I see absolutely no cause for concern.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Stop worrying. All is well, including you, OK?

PEP
How to have a baby/ Poz man, no woman..