The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Serodiscodant couple trying to get pregnant

Jan 31, 2011

Dr. Bob, Please I wish you will be able to find time to help me and my wife with our situation. We a serodiscordant, I the husband I'am negative and my wife is positive. She has been below detection for six years now and I have been negative all this while. We are trying to get her pregnant but can't afford the money for these expensive methods out there. I am equally scared to have unprotected sex with her and won't even consider the idea that I start PEP and then we have unprotected sex. That is completely out of the equation. We attempted to get pregnant last month using a not very long enough syringe. I ejaculated into a cup, we inserted the semen through the syringe into her. She actually got pregnant and you can guess our joy. Unfortunately, I guess the syringe was so short that the egg was not properly implanted. We also can't seem to find a longer syringe to use. Please I beg of you, do you know any method our there, may be, a longer "instrument" that we could use and get her pregnant and the egg well implanted. Please help us out here. Thanks very much.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Unfortunately there is not much I can do for you over the Internet. I would suggest you ask your wife's HIV specialist for a referral to an HIV-knowledgeable obstetrician. Explain the situation to her and most likely she'll be able to help with an inexpensive and safe mechanism to help with the fertilization process.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Anal fingering risk...Pls help, will donate...
IV risk of infection in a remote African hospital

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint