|Transmission of HIV from dried blood
Jan 31, 2011
Is there a chance of transmission of HIV through "licking" dried blood? Now before you make a joke about the "licking" part, let me explain...I saw a smear of what I believe was blood on my computer screen today. I used my thumb to remove the smear and licked my thumb to try to rub off the smudge. At the time I didn't think about the smudge possibly being blood otherwise, I would not have used my hand and spit to get it off. Am I being ridiculous? Is there any chance of getting the virus from dried blood through saliva?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
"Am I being ridiculous?" Yep! Absolutely!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.