new into this- urgent advices!

Hi, i have been diagnosed about a month ago, but i suspect i got infected about 1 year and a half ago. I was feeling ok except for occasional diarrhea, but on the last weeks i have more flu-like symptoms like bloody sinusitis, tonsilitis and constipation which get worse now in winter, i have been taking antibiotics as profilaxis according to my dr, but symptoms dont resolve. A week ago i had tests and these are my results: Viral load: 80647, CD4 count: 244, cd8 count 1181, cd3 count: 1469, cd4/cd8:0.21 . How advanced is my disease? is ART immediately necessary, do i have a good prognosis? Other results are: Leukocyte count: 4470, neutrophil count: 1970, lymphocyte count: 1810 , monocyte count: 460, eosinophil count: 210, basophil count: 210 Sorry for the long explanation, one last question is about safe sex with my partner that got infected from me about 2-3 months ago, his viral load is higher but cd4 count is much better (around 500). thanks again!

Your absolute CD4 count is significantly depressed and your HIV plasma viral load is elevated. Antiretroviral therapy is warranted and should be started without delay.

As for how advanced your disease is, the best I can offer is that your CD4 counts are approaching a dangerous range (below 200), which would put you at increased risk for opportunistic infections and malignancies.

Regarding your partner, it is recommended you use latex condoms for penetrative sex to decrease the risk of superinfection (dual infection). You can read much more about this in the archives of this forum. Both of you should establish care with an HIV physician specialist without delay if you have not already done so.

With close follow up and proper treatment, there is a good chance you will improve significantly, both virologically (decrease in HIV viral load) and immunologically (increase in CD4 counts).

Good luck to you both. I'm here if you need me, OK?

STOPPING MY TRUVADA'?????? (BONE DISEASE AND HIV/AIDS, 2011)
Rapid HIV Test. How accurate?