Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you again!
Jan 28, 2011

Dr. Bob, Thanks for your reply some months ago. I thought it was funny you wrote "positively charged biochemist." I very much enjoy your columns that I've read.

In one of your columns at the end of the year you wrote about you being positive. I had no idea because I hadn't read your profile. You do have a great perspective and you inspire me. I am now volunteering in an immunology lab to do some work. You needn't reply or post; just know that there are many of us out here on The Body who are inspired by your work!! Keep it up and keep up your "positive" attitude!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey PCB ("positively charged biochemist"),

Thanks for your thanks. I'm delighted to learn you are volunteering in an immunology lab! BRAVO! I'm currently writing a blog entry for this Web site that discusses some immune-based strategies now being evaluated as we work toward a cure for HIV. The multi-post blog should be on line within the next few weeks. It's becoming increasingly clear that antiretroviral therapy alone will never lead to viral eradication and cure. Immune-based therapies and/or gene therapy will put the final nail in HIV's coffin.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Thank you for your column! Sep 20, 2010

I recently started anti-retroviral therapy (Atripla) and I'm doing fine and I feel great. The side effects have mainly subsided after a few months. I greatly appreciated your responses to myriad questions as I read through your answers in the archives. I think it's great you take the time to do this. As I biochemist, I *REALLY* appreciate you defending science and the scientific method in this age of the internet. Keep up the good work!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Positively Charged Biochemist,

Thanks for your kind words and your thanks. I'm delighted you are doing well on Atripla.

As for the scientific method, absolutely! Facts, science and reality really do matter! (Although with Tea Party crazies rallying against everything from evolution to stem cell research to Obama's nationality, it seems we may need a common sense movement as well!)

Be well! Science rocks! (or so say my geologist friends).

Dr. Bob

Previous
Non-detectable viral load means no PEP?
Next
Negative ELISA but high percentage

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.