Post-nPEP testing, do I need more?

I'm a big fan of yours. Please help answer my questions, I'll donate to your foundation.

About 80 days ago, I had an condom-break accident with a csw. I was prescribed a course of PEP less than 5 hours later. About 2 days after the exposure, I took the csw to take antibody and PCR tests, both of which came out negative.

Today I took my first ELISA test since that possible exposure. This came out non-reactive. In your assessment, do you think I need to take further tests? I know you usually recommend the post-PEP guideline of testing at 3-month and 6-month mark, but does the fact that the lady tested negative for PCR change your assessment?

Please please give me your comments. Thank you very much.

If I decided someone needed a course of PEP, I would also advise them to follow the post-PEP testing guidelines. If information became available shortly after staring a course of PEP that indicated PEP was not really warranted, I would stop the PEP. Basically, what I'm saying is that if an HIV specialist felt you deserved a full course of PEP, you should follow the post-PEP testing guidelines.

Hope that helps.

xanax guy again
Hello Dr. Bob