Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

one more last question
Jan 27, 2011

thanks Rob for answering my last Q about full body scaning machine (scanning thingamajig as you called it ) after i read your answer i felt like i was born agian becouse it was such a shock to me to be told i am hiv + with that machine as i never had sex and never shared intravenous syringes,so i come back today to give you the name of that machine which is "diascan" i am hoping that you could go through this name and give one last good news

before i say WHOOHOOO thanks agian

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"Diascan" or "scanning thingamajig," my assessment hasn't changed. It's a total fraud. It cannot diagnose HIV disease. There's a special place in hell reserved for scumbags who profit from scams like this. So relax Max. All is well, including you!

Dr. Bob

testing for hiv Jan 21, 2011

thanks in advance i just wanna know if it is posible for full body scaning machine to detect hiv in blood without testing blood sample .i never had sex, never shared needle yet i was told i am hiv positive just by holdng two metal stick that conect to the sacaning machine is this posible thanks again

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Which do you want first, the good news or the bad news? We'll start with the good.

Good news: you are HIV negative. Since you've never had sex or shared intravenous syringes, you have essentially no HIV-acquisition risk potential.

Bad news: if you paid money for that metal-stick body scanning thingamajig, you've been taken by a total scam. Such scanning is totally worthless. Not only can't it diagnose HIV, it can't diagnose anything else either. The only way to diagnose HIV disease is with an HIV-specific test, such as an ELISA, EIA, rapid test, etc.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worry well or Need to worry??
Next
RE: Hiv Dna Pcr Possitive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.