concerned

Hello, can taking an hiv test 4 weeks after the last dose (1 week of prednisone 20mg 2x daily for 5 days) effect the results. I am very worried after a recent exposure that it would have prevented antibodies from forming. I know you say if taken in large doses. Would you consider this a high enough dosage to suppress the immune system. Also, is it true that prednisone can lower a recently infected individual's viral load to undetectable levels to where an pcr/nat test will not pick up infection? I will gladly donate to your foundation if my concern can be addressed.

Your dose of prednisone completed four weeks prior to your HIV-antibody test would not affect the accuracy or validity of the test results.

"Is it true that prednisone can lower a recently infected individual's viral load to undetectable levels to where a pcr/nat test will not pick up infection?" No, this is not true.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stop worrying!

Cunnilingus and a bleeding lip.. (CUNNILINGUS, 2011)
Re: need advice and importantly your karma(please) - will donate