|Questions for donation efforts and personal
Jan 24, 2011
Dr. Rob, good work on the forum. Two questions, one personal, lets start with that: I gave oral sex to anoather man of unknown status. I know, lesson learned. 1 week later lots of mouth ulcers and my MD gave me antibodics for the run of the mill stds and now 14 weeks later I still have them just in different places and it feels like yeast/thrush but not sure and the doctors I see are not overly concern but they are just PCPs, not specialists. I have had 5 combined pcr and antibody tests via local health department with last one at 56 days and one single antibody test at 90 days. All negative for HIV. I took an HSV II test at 10 weeks, negative. So, what are the chances those antibodics caused a yeast infection and this is not HIV and I should be whoo hooing?
Second questoin....the stress of all this has really gotten me passionate about HIV, something I never thought about before. There are so many areas to help. I have donated my time at a local HIV/AIDs oraginazation and some money to a more rural HIV organization in dire need of cash. Any suggestions of how i can make the biggest splash and help the most? I live in a rural community and have really had my eyes opened to the needs of perons with HIV and some with advanced AIDs
thank you very much
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Your multiple negative/undetectable HIV tests out to 90 days are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.
2. How much of a "splash" you want to make is totally up to you. The needs of those infected and affected by the pandemic are urgent and staggering. Find a level of involvement and financial support that suits your desire to help fight the pandemic. The volunteer options are unlimited and the financial need immense locally, nationally and particularly internationally. Welcome to the fight!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Can I Do For My Immune System To Keep From Getting Shingles Again?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- Topical Home Remedies For Genital Herpes Sores
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.