RE: HELP! Scared and cannot find an answer! Will donate!

Dr. Bob, Thank you for responding to my question! A donation has just been submitted to concertedeffort which I hope will help people like me with awareness and understanding.

I was so scared that someone who was with an HIV+ person, but who did not get infected (negative test 1 year after exposure), could potentially have been contagious for a few months after their exposure and pass it along to others (the small amount HIV from the exposure could live in their body and be passed along to someone else before it was cleared by their immune system). I honestly couldn't find anyone anywhere who had dealt with this worry and so I continued to worry. I would still be wrestling this fear if you hadn't taken the time to answer me. Thank you Dr. Bob for doing this amazing service for this community. You are an angel! This community is so lucky to have you!

Thanks for lifting the worry from my shoulders. I will continue to donate to concertedeffort each year or more often if I can. Thanks for my woo hoo!

You are most welcome! Thanks for your thanks! I'm delighted you are no longer worrying, but rather WOO-HOO-ing! Thanks also for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

PLEASE HELP! Scared and cannot find an answer! Will donate! Jan 23, 2011

Dr. Bob,

I've been trying to find an answer to my question everywhere but I can't! Please help me!

A woman who was HIV negative had sex with an unknown status male. That woman then had sex with my friend 3 weeks later. 2 months after that, I got a small amount of his semen in my mouth. Both he and the woman he had sex with 2 months prior had HIV tests 1 year later and both were negative. My question is: Is it possible that she had been exposed to HIV via the unknown status man and then my friend was exposed via her, but neither got infected? And if they were exposed, does that mean some HIV was in their systems and they could have passed it along to someone else before their body had a chance to clear it? Could she have passed it to him, then him to me? Is testing warranted, or am I looney!? Do their negative HIV tests mean they weren't contagious?

Please help me! I'll happily donate!

"Could she have passed it to him, then him to me?" Nope!

"Is testing warranted?" Nope!

"Am I looney?" BINGO!

What is going on?
Re: need advice and importantly your karma(please) - will donate