The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Anal sex with hiv+ partner

Jan 23, 2011

hi, i had an anal sex around 4.5 months back, with my hiv+ partner whom i love. He fucked me using condom but it broke and we both were unaware of it and as a result he ejaculated inside me, after that we didnt had anal sex till date. i got my blood test recently and its negative. But since last 20-25 days i am feeling pain in my arse, initially it was itching but now at times i feel very painfull, sometimes very uncomfortable while siting.

Can i trust on my test results or do i need to go for test again? what are the chances of being positive if i go for test again after sometime

Response from Dr. Frascino


Unprotected (or broken-condom) receptive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is considered a significant risk for acquiring HIV. Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) would be warranted to help prevent or abort HIV transmission/infection if the first dose of PEP could be administered soon (and no later than 72 hours) after the exposure. Because the exposure is considered significant, the CDC recommends HIV-antibody testing at both the three- and six-month marks.

Regarding your painful butt, this would not be HIV related, but you certainly could have acquired a different type of STD that could be the cause. I recommend you see your physician without delay for an STD screen and further evaluation of your backdoor discomfort.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

OCD under tratment, please help!
Possible exposure risk??

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint