Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just to thank Dr. Bob, no need to post back!
Jan 21, 2011

Re: http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q213097.html

Hi Dr. Bob! Thank you for taking my questions, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to help others. I hope more people do it, the only one that makes me sad is that sometimes we have to feel firsthand what it really could have been infected for we realize that we have to help. I venture to say that the greatest blame for spreading HIV is not following the government, industry or professionals who are not seeking a cure, but by our own selfishness to think that we are free and that nothing can hurt us, the which leads us to act irrationally! We have to stay alert, more aware that we have, we have to help more, continue straight on the fight against HIV, and work harder and together to find the ultimate cure! Congratulations on your excellent work, I hope it continues for too long!

Stay with God and if you need a friend, I'm here!

Gabriel - Brazil

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Gabriel,

Thanks for your very kind comments. I agree if we all did our part, we could stop HIV/AIDS cold in its tracks. It's important for everyone to remember that while HIV/AIDS remains 100% fatal, it's also 100% preventable.

Be well. Stay well Gabriel.

Dr. Bob

Please take my question Dr. Bob, I will continue donating to the foundation, thanks! Jan 18, 2011

The three months I had unprotected intravaginal a relationship with my ex girlfriend, since I'm very distressed. She tested anti HIV 1/2 (electrochemiluminescence 4th generation) at 46 days and the result was negative. I tested anti HIV 1/2 at 30, 45 and 89 days (immunochromatography) all negative. These results would be definitive/conclusive, or need to do another 6 months??

Thanks for your time and your attention, I know that your mailbox is always full! And thanks for giving me the opportunity to help others through his foundation.

Warmest regards, and greetings to Dr. Steven and the entire team of The Body!

Gabriel-Brazil

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Gabriel from Brazil,

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 89 days coupled with your ex-girlfriend's negative test at 46 days are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem and no further HIV tests are warranted.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing. Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed "well"!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sex with prostitute, 3-4 times, WILL DONATE
Next
Can get HIV from the phone I repaired?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.