Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Unprotected Intercourse with a POZ women..Strong Symptomes but neg at 12 weeks !
Jan 21, 2011

Hi DR.

I'm 32 years healthy male, I have had unprotected vaginal sex with a women that told me lately that she is poz for 2 years now and she is untreated yet, after 15 days, I had fever of 37.7 C for more than 3 weeks ,muscle pain, white tong, big mouth canker , diarrhea and blood in stool, Tingling in all my body and a rash on my back, very painful swollen Swollen glands throughout my whole body .II have been in hospital 5 times during the last 3 months, had blood tests at week 12 my CD4/CD8 rate are nearly 1 ( CD4 count are 920, DC8 780, a report of 1.20. ) they also found an extremely high rate of CMV IgG, (512 U / ml, the limit is 15 and IgM negative) and high levels of EBV IgG and IgM negative, after PRC CMV, and EBV, they found high viral load of those thwo virus, doctors said that they are for some reason REACTIVATED !!, and that the blood in the stool is caused by CMV rectitis. (which happens only in with HIV infected people ).

I did some testing Elisa DUO (HIV1 / 2 and P24).

Week 4 after the risk negative. Week 6,negative. Week 9,negative. Week 10,negative. Week 12 and negative.

After the negative result of 12 weeks, I had unprotected sex with my wife after that , after 15 days she had a flu with high fever to 38,5 C, a big fatigue and sore throat with a cough that has persisted more than 3 weeks and a white tongue too.

After 12 weeks, I start to feel a little bit better, I am afraid of the results of the next test, as I think that if a seroconversion took place, it has ended after 12 weeks. I have all, the classical symptoms of HIV, indeed, that what I have been told by an ID physician, my wife symptoms (flu-like), my CMV and EBV reactivation, generalize painful swollen lymph nodes (still til now- 4 month) , neurological symptoms, low CD4/CD8, and finally my poz partner.all evidences that I catch it.. but tested neg at 12 weeks with DUO ELISA. In your opinion, what are the odds of staying negative in the 6 months mark, Should I have PRC RNA tests ??

Dédolé pour mon faible anglais..Je donnerai 100 S canadien comme sympathie a votre organisation..recevez chere Bob Un grand MERCI venant du QUEBEC.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Salut Mec de Montreal,

Je suis désolé d'apprendre ton histoire médicale difficile et terrifiante. Le fait que tes tests 12 semaines après l'exposition restent négatifs est de bonne nouvelles. Ça c'est très encourageant. Pour la plupart les gens qui sont infectés par le VIH produisent des anticorps anti-VIH et ainsi sont séropositifs en moins de six semaines. C'est extrêmement rare qu'une personne infectée soit séronégative 12 semaines après la transmission du virus mais séropositive 6 mois après l'exposition. Je conviens que tu dois te faire faire le test six mois après l'exposition parce qu'elle a été importante et parce que tu as beaucoup de symptômes déroutants. Cependant je reste confiant que tu continueras d'être séronégatif et que tu crieras "youpi" quand tu verras tes résultats six mois après l'exposition.

Merci de ton don généreux. Il a été très apprécié.

Bonne chance. Je suis ici si tu as besoin de moi.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Paranoia
Next
A simple Thank you

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.