IS PEP necessary

About 30 or so hrs ago, I had an encounter with a csw whose status is questionable. I used a condom throughout the whole act. I checked the condom afterwards for tears and i wasn't aware of any slippage during the act. I know i'm probably overreacting but I've heard that condoms are not 100% effective and people can still get HIV even with consistent and correct use of a condom. I'm kinda worried now and considering PEP but is it really warranted.

Thank you in advance for your quick reply, I will be sure to make a contribution.

PEP is not warranted. Protected sex is considered "protected," assuming the latex condom is used properly and doesn't fail (break). Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Doc Bob. Please Answer. Please please please please
8 weeks/negative/and seroconversion ? 2nd request