|Doc Bob. Please Answer. Please please please please
Jan 20, 2011
Just a few HIV questions. My last question went unanswered as I know you are a very busy man.
Protected oral and vaginal sex with asian sex worker. She put condom on with her mouth (risk?) Condom seemed to stay on entire time and not burst wide open. I had multiple symptoms starting almost 3 months post exposure and still have some today at 8 months. I know it would not have been ARS that late but maybe seroconversion illness? I had negative ELISA and 4 months, 3 weeks and 6 months, 5 days post exposure. Also positive monospot a week after my first HIV test so 5 months. Fear it was false positive due to HIV. Negative Hepatitis panel: A,B, and C all negative antibody at 6 months. Now my questions:
1. Is there anyway I could have HIV? Every HIV hotline says no because the real window is 3 months and rarely ever 6 months at the absolute latest and had never heard of coinfection delaying seroconversion. Some counselors had been doing it 20+ years and said that.
2. Was my protected sex, really protected since I used a condom? I'm not 100% sure it was latex but it seemed like every other condom I have used I guess. She provided. Once again it did not break
3. Am I completely in the clear of all Hepatitis and HIV infections from the exposure I describe and my tests 6 months out?
I understand if you do not answer my question but it will put my worries to rest. My doctor said my 6 months puts me "in the clear, in the clear." Do you agree? No matter what? Thanks for all that you do and I will make a donation following a reply. God bless!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.
2. Yes, assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't break.
I absolutely agree with your doctor.
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- Where Do Herpes Show Up Inside Your Mouth?
- When Can One Use Topical Skin Care On Dry Shingles?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What Causes Trichomoniasis Vaginitis?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.