Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re-Am I Paranoid
Jan 20, 2011

I could not explain to u that my oral hairy leukoplakia is my self assumption and is based only on internet pics and infrormation about hairy leukoplakia.but may be quite sure its oral hairy leukoplakia i donot know what the hell is wrong with me.Any way Sir i could not explain u that i had got tested non-reactive(negative)last week on(ELISA)it was performed on sandwich techniqu i donot know what is that.but Dr. says after examining all my reports CBC,RFT,LFT,HCV,NON RECTIVE,Hep.b NON-RETECTIVE.MY CHEST X- RAY,ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND and top of all HIV 1 AND 2 NON-REACTIVE LAST WEEK.I am 100% ok Hiv is not my problem for sure, its depression or somthing like that. MY ENT rule out my complain about may be i have cervical lymph node,by doing cervical ultra sound.and my Dentsist although i think he may be not so quilified hiv expert also rule out my complain of oral hairy leukoplakia after watching my tongue and complete oral cavity he is actually a dental surgon but my worriessssssssss.ummmm.may Allah (God) give me peace of mind. thanks Dr.Bob i am big fan of yours i have been watching this site for about 10 years.i found u the most optomystic.sorry for my spelling mistakes.i have three year boy he is healthy but bit weak but not often sick in compairson to his elder brother.he born after the possible exposure.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

All of your tests are negative. Your doctor advised you are 100% OK. Your ENT doctor advised your lymph nodes are not enlarged. Your dentist advised you do not have oral hairy leukoplakia.

My assessment remains unchanged. Your fears are irrational and absolutely unwarranted. Psychotherapy (counseling) is recommended to help you confront and conquer these irrational fears.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Am i paranoid? Jan 18, 2011

i have oral hairy leukoplakia after about four years of possible exposure.(deep kissing)but elisa came back non-reactive i still think i am posiitive.becuse of lethergy and burning armpit sometimes.the reasone i have shared room with a person who used injection on his thigh offen.i think all the time perhapse he would have injected me his used needle while he was drunk and i am drunk too and i wm sleeping.its it was in germany. now i am in pakistan.plzzzzzzzzz answer my q?i am worried about hairy leukoplakia.i have also three year boy after taht but havenot tested yet?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your question is: "Am I paranoid?" The answer is an unqualified yes!

I tend to doubt your roommate was a homicidal syringe-wielding maniac who injected you with fresh HIV-tainted blood while you were in a drunken slumber. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV. If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to put your irrational worries permanently to rest, get a single HIV-antibody test. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you. re Scared straight
Next
Thank You Dr. Frascino

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.