Odds of Infection

Dear Sir, about 14 days ago I foolishly and irresponsibly had unprotected sex with a guy. He attempted to penetrate me but I was too tight, but then I penetrated him with a fair amount of saliva for lubrication. I also tend to precum a lot. What he failed to mention at the time is that he is HIV+. The Bastard! What would you say are my odds of coming out of this HIV negative?

While I agree your sex-bud was a "bastard" for not disclosing his status before doing the unsafe dance with no pants, I'm gratified to see that you clearly realize your current predicament was not entirely his fault. Your decision not to use protection was a "foolish and irresponsible" personal decision.

Risk odds really aren't all that accurate when applied to a particular sexual incident, as there are many variables that come into play, including viral strain, viral load, concurrent STDs, trauma, etc. Suffice it to say you had a significant HIV exposure. A course of post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) would have been warranted to help prevent or abort possible HIV transmission if it could have been started shortly after the exposure. If greater than 72 hours lapse between exposure and first PEP dose, PEP is no longer considered effective or warranted. At this point the best you can do is get HIV tested at both the three- and six-month marks, hope for the best in dodging the HIV bullet, and learn from your mistake.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

Re:Possible infection (ARS RASH, 2011)
donation from another country