|My lover says he got hiv from a used blade
Jan 17, 2011
Hi, My boyfriend told me after 5 months of being with him that he got HIV from sharing a blade with another self-mutilator. Is this possible?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, this is possible. Fresh HIV-tainted blood from one person having access to a fresh cut on an HIV-negative person as a result of sharing the same blade used for self mutilation could result in HIV transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Lap Dance
- Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Needle Stick
- Are Purple Spots A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Could Dry Cough Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.