Possible infection

Please answer me doc. I will donate.

I met a guy December 3rd 2010 we went to his hotel room and we had oral sex. I have asked him prior to sex on his hiv status and he said he was negative. I has a cold soar on my upper lip and we had 69 so we performed and each other. He did not cum on my mouth and i did not on his. when i went to get a towel i saw a regiment of pills on the bathroom on a daily pill management thing. So i asked him about his staus and he said he is neg. 4 to 5 days later i start feeling nauseous and not feeling right and a rash on my body left side that healed in 3 to 4 days. This continued for a while and gotten worse by the 4 and the 5th week. the 5th week i got these symptoms

1- Nauseous with no vaulting. 2- Stomach pain and growling no diarrhea 3- head aches 4- My through was a bit painful 5- No apatite but i was able to force my self and eat. 6- A rash a bit raised and a bit reddish the size 1" in diameter on my left arm 7- I felt feverish but my temp showed 98.2 when i checked it. I took a rapid test January 6th and it came up neg. Everything went away January 9th like nothing happened. My questions to you sir are:

1- Could this be early hiv symptoms or acute hiv? 2- Can i rely on my 5 weeks rapid test? 3- Can this be only anxiety?

I called few center and i got conflicting informations. I'm dying of anxiety and fear for my wife and kids.

Thanks, Bill.

Your HIV-acquisition risk (unprotected insertive and receptive oral sex with a partner of unknown HIV status) is very low. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Very unlikely. Symptoms associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome generally manifest two to three weeks after primary infection with the virus. However, after a potential HIV exposure, the only way to determine conclusively if you've been infected is to get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

2. No. HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive.

3. Yes, absolutely. Anxiety and probably guilt as well. Not only did you have extramarital sex, but you did so with another guy. I would suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your anxiety and guilt; it's also the right thing to do. Counseling may also be warranted to explore sexual orientation issues.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test will be negative.

LAST REQUEST AFTER SEVERAL REQUESTS FOR ANSWERS.CAN I WOO HOO?SURELY DONATE ON PAY DAY!!
Ur Cuban friend in miami