Der Helmut was assaulted by a stranger on the street

Sehr Geehrter Herr Dr. Frascino, My good Dr. I never thought I'd be back but here I indeed am. Last Saturday, 1/8/11 I was standing on the street waiting for meine Girlfriend to emerge from the Whole Foods. A stranger approached me demanding money und the cigarettes. I simply ignored him whereupon he savagely struck me in the chest and then sucker punched me with his open hand in the lower left lip. The police have been no help but that's another kettle of piranha. On the street I saw no blood from my mouth either outside nor inside my lip. When I arrived home I noticed a slight scabby abrasion to said lower lip. Not dripping nor running blood but nevertheless, abraded skin. By the next day (24 hours exactly) I were in the ER and was examined by a PA and a medical doctor. The MD said he did not recommend PEP for this condition. The next day, with severe chest pain I presented to my primary care physician who said the same thing. He did not recommend PEP. The 72 hours have elapsed and on the strength of professional medical advice und opinion I was not deemed severely enough endangered to warrant the PEP. The Helmut wants to live life to the full and now I'm mired in worry (albeit less due to Docs' advice and the fact that for once I am innocent (not thinking with meine Schlange this time). I ask you my dear friend Herr Doktor, do you think Helmut was advised correctly and that I'll be ok? I'm sorry to bung up your inbox dear sir. I remain your faithful friend in the Neue York Stadt. Hochachtungsvoll, Der Helmut

Hey Der Helmut,

Welcome back to the forum. I absolutely agree with the assessment given by the emergency room physician and your primary care physician: no HIV-acquisition risk and absolutely no indication for PEP.

Continue eating at Whole Foods and not thinking with your "Schlange" and you'll live to be a hundred.

Be well.

I tested negative
New Donation ( REF EPFE6XXXXXXXXX) i love to help you becasue you always help me. (Medium Risk Situation) Last question