how long with hiv cd4 10 + karposi sarcoma
Jan 15, 2011
how long would my partner have had hiv with cd4 10 and having karposi sarcoma
Response from Dr. Frascino
Kaposi's sarcoma can occur anytime during HIV disease.
Generally speaking, if an HIVer's CD4 count has dropped to 10, he most likely has been infected for a considerable period of time (7-10 years). However, there is considerable variation from person to person and CD4 decline can depend on many factors, including viral strain, concurrent illness and host immune integrity.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
- Symptoms Of Shingles Without Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.