Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Potential exposure June 2009
Jan 12, 2011

Hi Dr Frascno, I will donate to your splendid organisation. I went on a stag do in June 2009 and as one does got heavily intoxicated, not an excuse I know. We visited a strip club full of CSW. I am not sure still to this day what happened, could have been unprotected vaginal sex. I have had strange symptoms still to this day. i have had loose stools since July 2009. My toe nails have started to go white from the lunula. I have night sweats localised to my upper chest, groin and but areas. My forehead gets very greasy mid afternoon daily, my hair becomes greasy everyday. My legs have thinned out as has my but. My facial skin has become quite flakey as has my hair, dandruff. I feel hot all the time, particularly my hands, ear lobes, face. Also my urine has become quite dark with a funny smell. I have had several tests,1 at day 28, negative. Insti tests at 3,4,5 months all negative. Antibody test at 6 and 11 months as well as a negative saliva test in early Dec 2010. Had a sigmoidoscopy and diagnosed with collaginous colitis, budesonide taken for 2 months, hasn't helped. My symptoms seem very indicative of HIV. Could there be a co-infection with hepatitis. Please help, I have ruined my great relationship and have levelled with my beautiful wife. I have lost my folks and don't want to loose mu small family. My wife also has symptoms: severe headaches, flabby stomach, increased breast size, weird stools, crumbling nails. Thanks in advance and happy new year. A

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello A,

Your multiple negative HIV tests out 1.5 years are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with great certainty is advise you what's not causing them: it's not HIV.

You'll need to follow up with your general internist or a gastroenterologist for your "collagenous colitis." For your skin and scalp problems, see a dermatologist. For your thinning legs and butt and your wife's "flabby stomach," I suggest you both optimize your diet and start hitting the gym!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-health karma that you are now and will forever by HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I messed up
Next
bed bugs blood... (BEDBUGS, 2011)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.