Jan 12, 2011
If I test positive for STD gonorrena, syphilis does my doctor report it to the health department
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, some sexually transmitted diseases, such as HIV and syphilis, are reported to the health department. This helps epidemiologists keep track of how the epidemic is spreading and where new infections are occurring. It also helps in contact-tracing and partner notification, thereby identifying others who may be infected and hopefully decreasing the rate of new infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Genital Sores - Male Symptoms
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
- Cum On Hand And Then Fingering
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.