I just donated please give me your candid thoughts. (in college and need it bad)

Hey Doc I just donated today aloth not much (in college) anything helps im sure.

History: male, 24 years old, Heterosexual my expouser was 3 years ago and was an encounter of unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a female of unknown status...... it was a one time thing. I am not permiscious been with 5 woman in my life.

2 weeks after this I had an extremely red ureathral opening and pain after ejaculation another wek went by so now 3 weeks after this one time act I became very ill..... white spots on my tonsils, dry cough, very sore throat, conjuctivitis, swollen lymphnodes behind my ears, in my neck, and under my arms...... also strange skin spots like several cherry anginomas, a pyogenic granuloma on my shoulder and what looks like keratosis pilaris on my upper arms.

7 weeks past this I had a negaitive Urinalysis for Chlamydia, Gon, and Trich and a rapid HIV test all Negaitive. 10 weeks past this encounter my internal med doc did a viral load and it was undetectable.....

it has been over three years at this point and I still have all the swollen nodes behind my ears , both sides of my neck, and under my arms.... and red blood spots that come and go in my cheeks.also I feel like im getting stuck in the feet and big toe with a needle is this nuropathy?....

I tested 09/03/2010 at my university health clinic in dayton ohio and it was a regular EIA for HIV 1/2 it was Negative... through Compunet lab. This was 2 years and 10 months past this Event.

I tested negative with a regular blood test in september this was about 2 years and 10 months after this only possiable exspouser.... Everywhere I read says lymphnodes behind ears, in neck, and underarms point to HIV......

in total over the course of these 3 years I have had 20 Negaitve HIV tests with the last a regular ELISA for HIV1/2 that was negaitvie at 2 years and 10 months.

I went to a Doc recently and he wants me to come back WED and do ANOTHER HIV test , CD4, CBC, ERS and CT scan.

It seems like he still thinkis this could be HIV? is that even possiable? This frightened me a great deal so I went to walmart today and got a Home access HIV 1 test and will get the results tuesday. I am praying it will be negative.

Being your an immunologist and an Expert

1) Does this sound like nuropathy?

2) Could I still not have seroconverted or developed detectable antibodies?

3) if my symptoms and lymphnodes were from HIV wouldent That mean I would be mounting a large immune response and Definently test positive on Antibody test? DO you feel that I should Also have a CD4 done?

Please give me your candid thoughts and opinion I am praying the test tuesday stays negative.

I appreciate your time greatly . I just want to know if this is still really possiable, I hear some people may never test HIV positive on antibody test?

THanks and I look forward to hearing from you

Hello College Student,

1. Neuropathy can cause pain in the toes and feet; however, whatever you are experiencing is not related to HIV because you do not have HIV disease.

2. No. You are definitively HIV negative.

3. Yes, you would test HIV-antibody positive; and no, you definitely should not have a CD4 count done.

Dude, you've had 20 negative HIV tests out to 2 years and 10 months from your potential exposure. Exactly what part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding? Your repeatedly negative tests are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and highly excessive. HIV is not your problem. No way, no how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is absolutely certain: it's not HIV!

You don't need any more HIV tests, but rather you need a more competent doctor. I would advise not going back to the one you are currently seeing. He's not doing you any favors.

Oh, and one other thing you need is either a course in remedial spelling or instruction on how to use the spell check function on your computer! ("expouser, permiscious, wek, negaitive, nuropahty, exspouser, possiable, wouldent," etc.).

partners having unprotected sex with different strains (SEX BETWEEN TWO HIV POSITIVE PARTNERS, 2011)
Concerned Grandfather