Worried about Getting infected & infecting fiancee

Dr. Frascino, I made a $200.00 donation to your foundation, concerted effort. You do an incredible service to so many, thank you.

I made an incredible mistake 4 months ago at a massage parlor. Received unprotected oral & protected vaginal. 3 days after exposure, had a burning sensation in groin. Went to clinic for a full panel STD... Came back HSV2 positive. I called Dr., Was put on daily Valtrex. Within 10 days, I got chills & night sweats. Difficulty in swallowing. I also have burning on my hands and feet which I heard can be a sign of early HIV infection. I have tested negative antibody & blood at 4 months. My fiancée has an itchy rash on her abdomen, chest and back, which is very unusual for her. I'm petrified it's a HIV rash, and that somehow I infected her. Since the discovery of my HDV2 status, I have informed her and always worn a condom. Could it be that I have HIV despite my 4 month negative result? Thank you for your time and expertise!

Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for acquiring HIV. Protected vaginal sex would be "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Some STDs, such as herpes, are much more easily acquired than HIV. Herpes, for instance, requires only skin-to-skin contact to transmit the virus.

Your negative HIV-antibody test at four months would be considered definitive and conclusive. As for your and your fiancée's symptoms, please note that symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. A negative HIV-antibody test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time.

Although it's not medically warranted, if you remain concerned, you could retest at the six month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative, but if it puts your unwarranted worries permanently to rest, it may be worth the time and effort psychologically.

Thank you for your generous tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you and your fiancée are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

Please please answer me. I am scared to death. I had sex with a prostitute. I will donate $200
I dont want t pass on what I got