Scared to death says "Thank you"!

Hello Dr. Bob!!! I really truly appreciate your response. I wish we have more people like you in this crazy world. You are doing such a wonderful job - helping anxious people like me to put their fears at rest. I wish you health, happiness, and a lot of joy! You deserved it. WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks for your thanks!

Love you too! Good luck with your psychotherapy. I'm confident it will help you confront and conquer your unwarranted HIV fears.

Be well. Happy New Year.

Scared to death (will donate) Jan 5, 2011

Hello Doctor Bob,

I am really scared of contracting HIV through the blood draw procedures that I have done already five times for the past three months. All the five tests were done at the different places: one - at the hospital lab, another two - at the primary doctor, the third - at another primary care, the fifth - at the LabCorp Lab. I have really poor veins, and phlebotomists had to dig into my veins couple of times to have the blood drawing completed successfully. I am a single mom and cannot stop thinking about a possible exposure trough a re-use needle (in my mind). I have a very demanding job and a teenager who requires a lot of my time and attention. My mind is constantly going into the loop... I am reading your archives and it becomes better for a day. The next day the anxiety kicks in again:(.

PLEASE HELP!!! AWAITING YOUR REPLY. You helped me on several occasions. Please help this time as well. You are a wonderful doctor and an amazing person. I really admire your work and sharp mind.

BTW, I have setup an appointment with the psychotherapist for next week.

The HIV-acquisition risk from getting blood drawn is nonexistent. Your fears are unwarranted and irrational. Your decision to seek the help of a mental health professional is an excellent one.

Thanks (aka In the bathtub with a guy)
Negative elisa indeterminate western blot weird illnesses