Should I stop testing?

Hello Dr.Bob! Happy New Year to you and your family!Best wishes,health and happynes.I am one of the people who just can't let it go.This would be the last time that I am asking for your help since I allready feel like a complete retard.So here it is: I have had standard hiv tests performed at 3 weeks,6 weeks,13 weeks,21 weeks,25 weeks and the final rapid(OraQuick) test was done at 6 months and 2 weeks mark from my encounter at local strip bar.(Girl was naked,I was dressed,hard grinding) ALL NEGATIVE. My question is this:Should I move on with my life and forget about it or should I see a shrink.My wife is going to have a baby in a few months and i can't shake this event out of my head worrying about infecting her and our first child.Thanks so much doc and I am sorry for waisting your time. Thanks again. Felix P.S. I am going to donate as soon as i finish sending this email.This is one of my original posts(http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Infected/Q212176.html)

Hey Felix,

Welcome back to the forum.

Now let's review. In your original post from September 2010 (see below) I advised that your risk was nonexistent and that your negative three-month HIV-antibody test was definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. This test result was certainly no surprise as your risk was nonexistent! You then posted another question in November, still worried about your lap dance incident. I tried to reassure you that your negative HIV tests, now out to five months, were indeed conclusive. And now you're back once again with more negative HIV-antibody tests, this time out to 6.5 months, and you remain worried. My assessment remains unchanged: no risk and your repeatedly negative HIV tests are conclusive. I just can't say it any more straightforwardly than that. Your problem is not HIV, but rather fear of HIV and probably some degree of guilt. Have you leveled with your wife about this incident at the Badda Bing? If not, you should. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do. Should you move on? Absofrickenlutely. But you knew I'd say that, didn't you? Of course you did Felix! As for seeing a shrink, that would be an excellent idea, if you continue to be unable to put these totally unwarranted and completely irrational fears permanently to rest.

Thanks for your good wishes and for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. Happy Healthy New Year to you as well. Oh, and by the way, your spelling still sucks (lol).

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, indeed, you are really "well.")

lap dance Sep 26, 2010

Hello Dr.Bob!

I was tested for HIV 3 month after a girl performed a lap dance for me at local strip club (she was naked and I was dressed) The result was negative. Can you please tell me if I need to be tested again? My wife is two month pregnant and I am worry sick about her. Thanks Dr. Bob. May God bless you for everything you do. You are an amazing human being. I know you get a thousand emails a day and it's impossible to respond to each and every question. But all I'm asking is a very short answer... So please see if you can do it. Thanks again. (I have donated already and will do more in the future) Sorry for the poor spelling.

A very short answer is requested; consequently, very short answer will be given: No risk! Your negative three-month test is definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted. Review information on lap dances in the archives for a more detailed response.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

still worry about lap dance Nov 29, 2010

Hello dr.Bob.

How are you doing these days?I hope you doing well.Even though I completly dissagree with you politicly,I steel love you and i think you doing great service for all those worryed people and morons sach as myself. GOD BLESS YOU MAN. You gave me an answer before (www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Infected/Q211024.html)but i am still worry if my 3 months negative test was conclusive. So i got tested again at 5 month . I know You said that it was no risk of geting hiv from a lap dance and 3 month test is conclusive but for some reason i keep freaking out about this insident and i am desperate for an answer.1)Can a surgery 2 weeks prior to a 3 month test delay antibody development? 2)Have you ever witness anybody tested negative at 5 month and positive at 6 months? Thanks so much and sorry for my poor spelling.

1. No.

2. No, not with the newer improved HIV-antibody tests.

My assessment remains unchanged. Your negative five-month HIV test result comes as no surprise.

Finally, I absolutely agree your spelling is horrendous!

Will I be able to raise my kids?
I am Still worry after test.