booty bump scare.

I did something really risky the other night and i'm loosing my mind. i tried meth for the first--took a little rock and put in a syringe with some water and shot it up the back door...i realized later i didnt ask the guy who gave me the syringe whether it was new or used. the water was fresh and clear. im so scared-- im never doing drugs again.

Hello Booty-Bumper,

I'm assuming the syringe you used on your back door did not have a needle attached. The risk with sharing syringes primarily pertains to intravenous exposure (blood to blood). However, if the syringe had been used for intravenous injection and still retained traces of fresh HIV-tainted blood just prior to your using it to bump your booty, there could still be an HIV-acquisition risk, as the rectum is lined with a mucous membrane. I would recommend you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I agree with your decision never to bump your booty or any other part of your body again.

Am I At Risk
Please help a scared MSW student!!