condom broke in vaginal intercourse, possibility of infection?

Hello Dr Frascino, First of all I would to thank you for providing scientific and accurate information on the Internet. Im a man of 30 years in good health. I had last Friday a sexual intercourse with a girl I had met that night (not a sex worker, just a 25 years old student). We did vaginal coitus with a condom, but in the last 4-5 minutes (I knew the exact time because it was the last position and I had checked my condom, it was right until then) the condom broke and didnt realize that until I pulled my penis out (I hadnt finished yet). So, my penis was exposed for 5 minutes. She said she was menstruating, but there was actually almost no blood (I could only notice that when I cleaned my pubis with tissue paper). After that I finished (out, not inside her), I took a shower and then I peed. I dont know if she was infected, but as expected, I am very scared about that. In case she was, what are the possibilities of infection? Im going to ask her tomorrow to make both an HIV test (I know it wont tell us if we infected the other, but we will know if the other was infected before we had sex). I would like to thank you in advance and ask you to be as sincere and accurate (even if it doesnt mean good news for me) as you can. Please tell me where I can make a donation to you website. Thank you very much.

Hi

The CDC's estimated per-act risk statistic for acquisition of HIV via unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated-risk would be lower, as we don't know the HIV status of your student gal-pal. Should she test HIV negative, your HIV risk would be reduced even more to the very remote possibility that she was very recently infected and is still in her window period (HIV infected but not yet producing detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies).

The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this broken-condom incident with the sexy coed. However, broken-condom sex does carry the same risk as unprotected sex and therefore an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is warranted.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for your desire to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your conclusive three-month HIV-antibody test is negative.

Good luck! Be well.

Happy New Years
Dr. Bob is Amazing!