Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Follow up from Nervous in Buenos Aires
Jan 1, 2011

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I hope that you are doing well and that you are having an even better holiday season.

I am writing to you not with a question looking for an answer or even for publication, but to thank you for your advice in August, when I wrote to you from Buenos Aires following a small exposure in my eye.

At that time, you recommended to me that PEP was not warranted. However, by the time your advice came through, I had already visited the emergency room of Hospital Muñiz (Bs. As. flagship hospital for infectious diseases, in the southern part of the city) and they had started me with 3TC. For your reference (I know that you are familiar with Buenos Aires), this and other public hospitals in Buenos Aires and their staff do wonders with little resources. They evaluated me and provided me with one-month of medication for free, even though I left Bs. As. a long time ago and do not reside there. I guess it is the most intelligent way for a society to effect damage control in the face of potential infections. I had little side effects other than some intestinal discomfort. Tests at 8 and 12 weeks came back negative, as you had forecasted. Was it the PEP, was it your good luck karma, was it your cheerful comments about what was once my city, I will never know (but I am not asking....). It is a pity that you could not follow through on your wish to pay me a bed side visit since, indeed, Bs. As. is a real fun place :))

Again, I am at a loss of words to express my gratitude, not only for myself, but for your infatigable presence for thousands of readers here. You are indeed one of the Creator's chosen people.

Happy New Year and all the best from no-longer nervous in Bs. As.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Buenos Aires Guy,

Thanks for your thanks and very kind comments. WOO-HOO and Happy Healthy New Year!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
IS 6 MONTHS TESTING STILL REQUIRED NOW A DAYS???-SURELY DONATE
Next
Worried Woman Wants a WooHoo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.