|Syphilis vs HIV
Jan 1, 2011
Dearest Doc Bob,
You are the best. God bless you with continued good health and ever-increasing knowledge on this HIV issue and may there be a cure at hand soon.
I have a very basic (and perhaps overly facile) question that I hope you can answer.
ALL OTHER FACTORS remaining equal in terms of mode of transmission and risk factors.....in a receptive anal sex situation, which is easier to transmit Syphilis or HIV? I understand that co-infection is always a factor, but just taken individually, what would you opine?
Big hug and much love and always eternally grateful for your insight.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for starting off 2011 with an easy question. Syphilis would win hands down . . . or should that be pants down?
Happy New Year! It's 2011!!!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Herpes Cause Diarrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.