The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ugggh so stupid

Dec 28, 2010

Well I am a bottom who was in a long term relationship where we had unprotected sex. After 7 years we stopped having sex and after 9 finally broke up. Ive began to date and recently had intercourse with a gentleman who penetrated me first without a condom , I stopped him and said safe only and then unbeknownst to me he used a natralamb trojan instead of a latex condom, He did not ejaculate (I asked and checked the condom) but im still concerned since there was penetration. He claims he is negative , but we all know some guys lie ir dont know their status. What are my risk and should I be freaking out?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Natural lambskin condoms protect against unwanted pregnancy, but not against HIV. Your HIV-acquisition risk is the same as unprotected anal receptive sex. Should you be freaking out? No, but you will need to be HIV-antibody tested at the three-month mark. You could also ask Mr. Natralamb to get a rapid test now. If he's negative, your risk would be decreased to the remote possibility that Natralamb guy was still in his window period (HIV infected but not yet producing detectable levels of HIV antibodies).

Good luck. I'm confident this anxiety-producing episode has taught you a lesson about safer sexual practices. You might also wish to enlighten Natralamb-guy about condoms!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Is test warranted for less risky encounter
Will I test positive while on meds.?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint