Is lamzid good for the situation

I had sex with a lady and learnt that the condom break before injeculating.I take the girl the following day for HIV test,she test positive i test negative.My doctor prescribe aspen lamzid in 16hrs after expose.can this save my from the infection?

Aspen lamzid (Combivir in the U.S.) contains two antiretroviral medications, zidovudine (AZT) and lamivudine (3TC). It is one of the recommended two-drug regimens for HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). It will decrease your chance of acquiring HIV. A full course of PEP is 28 days. You will then need HIV-antibody testing at four to six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure. You can read much more about PEP in the archives of this forum and on related links. Have a look.

Possible STD?
thanks for the invite