Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fish massage - FYI URL and Thank you
Dec 26, 2010

Thanks Dr Bob - your answer released my tress. You are always people's hero. Donation will be made. In previous mail I forgot to put the news about fish massage...which confused me. Pls see below URL for your information and pls let me know if there is anything that I should worry... http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/moh-warning-fish-pedicure-can-give-aids-2010-12-22-1.332551 Hope you are doing well and happy holidays Dr. Tony

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Tony,

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I have no idea who Dr. Al Amir is, but if he's really claiming the fish can transmit HIV, he must be suffering from crainio-rectal-inversion. That means he has his head up his butt. Relax Tony. Your HIV risk is nonexistent.

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Fish massage in Thailand Dec 24, 2010

Hi Dr,

Few weeks go in Bangkok night market, my friend took me to the fish massage store. I did not want to try but the store onwer took my right hand and put it in the fish massage tank. I tried to take hand out and he (the store onwer pushing hard my hand to water). My hand was in the tank for less than one min, when its out, for some reason (not sure because of fish bited or the store owner hard hand...) my hand had a bleeding wound. The store onwer used alcohol and bandaged it. Recently I saw an article warns that fish massage can cause all kind of desease - HIV included. Pls advise. I am kind of worry . Thanks Tony

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Tony,

Fish massage? That's a new one for me. It certainly doesn't sound all that appealing. Your concerns that fish (massaging, biting or just swimming) can transmit HIV are completely unwarranted. Fish cannot transmit HIV. No way. No how. The "H" in HIV stands for "human" (immunodeficiency virus). The virus is spread only from human to human.

Dr. Bob

Previous
please please please answer this
Next
Possible STD?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.