Fish massage - FYI URL and Thank you

Thanks Dr Bob - your answer released my tress. You are always people's hero. Donation will be made. In previous mail I forgot to put the news about fish massage...which confused me. Pls see below URL for your information and pls let me know if there is anything that I should worry... http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/moh-warning-fish-pedicure-can-give-aids-2010-12-22-1.332551 Hope you are doing well and happy holidays Dr. Tony

Hi Tony,

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I have no idea who Dr. Al Amir is, but if he's really claiming the fish can transmit HIV, he must be suffering from crainio-rectal-inversion. That means he has his head up his butt. Relax Tony. Your HIV risk is nonexistent.

Happy Holidays.

Fish massage in Thailand Dec 24, 2010

Hi Dr,

Few weeks go in Bangkok night market, my friend took me to the fish massage store. I did not want to try but the store onwer took my right hand and put it in the fish massage tank. I tried to take hand out and he (the store onwer pushing hard my hand to water). My hand was in the tank for less than one min, when its out, for some reason (not sure because of fish bited or the store owner hard hand...) my hand had a bleeding wound. The store onwer used alcohol and bandaged it. Recently I saw an article warns that fish massage can cause all kind of desease - HIV included. Pls advise. I am kind of worry . Thanks Tony

Hello Tony,

Fish massage? That's a new one for me. It certainly doesn't sound all that appealing. Your concerns that fish (massaging, biting or just swimming) can transmit HIV are completely unwarranted. Fish cannot transmit HIV. No way. No how. The "H" in HIV stands for "human" (immunodeficiency virus). The virus is spread only from human to human.

please please please answer this
Possible STD?