cd4 count

How can I boost my cd4 count up from 274. I just test positive on 11-29-2010. I was previously negative on my last test on 3-12-2010. I also have ulcerative colotis, I have had this condition for the last 20 years.

I'm sorry to learn of your recent HIV diagnosis. A CD4 count of 274 indicates significant immunodeficiency. Antiretroviral therapy is warranted. These medications will reduce HIV replication and hopefully allow for some degree of immune reconstitution (rise in CD4 count). If you have not established care with an HIV physician specialist, you should do so without delay. She will advise which antiretroviral regimen would be most appropriate for you. I would also suggest you begin to learn more about HIV disease, laboratory monitoring tests and your treatment options. Begin by reviewing the information in the section entitled "The Basics," which can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage. There you will find chapters such as "What is HIV?", "Just Diagnosed" and "HIV Medicaments" among others. From there you can review the information in the expert forums and other areas of the site.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

received oralsex 5 years ago worried about hiv
Exposure risk from touching blood