Marijuana, tobacco, and delayed seroconversion

Dear Dr. Bob,

102 days ago i engaged in giving unprotected cunninglus and receiving unprotected fellatio from a prostitute I met online. since then I have tested to 101 days negative through numerous oral swabs, finger pricks, and a 12 week HIV 1/O/2 and std test which all came back negative. I have a few questions.

1) I was a regular pot smoker for about two years before all this has happened but since I made a wrong decision have since been pot free for 3 months now. Would the regular everyday pot smoking have supressed my immune system enough to delay seroconversion?

2) Also I have been a cigarette smoker for a long time and quit but now use chewing tobacco instead daily. Would all the tobacco use have suppressed my immune system enough to cause delayed seroconversion?

3) 2 week since this incident I have had recurrent hand dermatitis and ear congestion which my ENT said is due to allergies. Could this be because of a weaken immune system. I read your bio and saw that your were an allergist/immunologist also, have your ever heard of allergies causing the eustacian tubes to become congested or feeling full?

4) Is 101 days negative conclusive or should I test at six months? I also had a DNA by PCR which was negative with all the other test. I am just so afraid I have suppressed my immune system to the point where it won't react to HIV if I am infected until down the road like 6 months.

5) Do you think I will have a positive test at 6 months in light of all the information above and the incident I had with the lady of leasure? I am going to an allergist/immunologist on Jan 3 to do an allergy skin test, Immunglobins blood test and CBC. can I contact you with the results to be able to more assess my situation and possibility that all the 25 or more HIV test I have taken to all be false negatives?

Thanks for your time and have a happy holiday!

Worried Well # 1 million

Hello Worried Well #1 Million,

1. Nope.

2. Nope. However, if you don't quit using tobacco products, they will kill you in a very undignified and painful fashion. Chewing tobacco can cause mouth and throat cancer.

3. Your allergy-related problems are not due to a weakened immune system. In fact allergy is just the opposite. It's an overactive immune response to certain substances (pollen, dust, dander, etc.) that generally don't bother people. Regarding congested eustachian tubes, yes, respiratory allergies can cause this to occur.

4. I would consider your negative 101-day HIV-antibody test definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

5. Absolutely not. Dude, you've had more than 25 negative HIV-antibody tests and an undetectable qualitative HIV PCR DNA. Exactly what part of HIV negative are you having difficulty understanding.

Stop testing. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOO-ing.

Worried (SNORTING COCAINE THROUGH A ROLLED-UP DOLLAR BILL OR STRAW, 2010)
received oralsex 5 years ago worried about hiv