Needing answers

I recently found out I was exposed to HIV and immediately went to be tested. The rapid test came out positive, and although I'm waiting for the conclusive test and hoping it comes out negative, I realize that those chances are slim. Although I'm trying to live my life as normal as possible I am the full realization that my life will never be the same. I am not extremely cautious about anyone who is sick, having open wounds around anyone, and of course sex. Although I know at this moment, I'm not looking to be in a sexually active relationship, I do know years down the road I would like to fall in love and be married and with that, comes sex. My question is besides condoms and spermicides what other ways, if any, are good ways of preventing sex? I refuse to ever put someone in the position of having to worry about whether they have been infected, even if this does mean being alone. I also refuse to make someone choose between taking the risk of exposure and being with me. So, in addition if I ever do marry are there ways to become pregnant without taking such a risk? Would things like in vitro even be worth it in my case? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and reply. I want to make sure I'm as careful as possible and want to get as much information as possible so I can be prepared when I do come in contact with these situations

Don't you think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here? I certainly do. You don't even have a confirmed HIV-positive test yet. I suggest you take things one step at a time. If you want to learn more about HIV, check out "The Basics," which can be accessed on The Body's homepage. There you will find chapters such as "Just Diagnosed."

I'm a bit perplexed by your question ". . . what are good ways of preventing sex?"!!! Preventing sex???? Chances are that's not what you intended. I'd suggest you review the information in the archives of this forum. We have chapters dedicated to HIV-sexual prevention, HIV transmission and also safer sexual techniques. Regarding pregnancy, yes, in vitro techniques can safely be employed. Check out the chapter on pregnancy in the archives.

I'm here if you need me.

Fish massage in Thailand
Oh Manila, Dangerous place to be gay part II