Fish massage in Thailand

Hi Dr, Few weeks go in Bangkok night market, my friend took me to the fish massage store. I did not want to try but the store onwer took my right hand and put it in the fish massage tank. I tried to take hand out and he (the store onwer pushing hard my hand to water). My hand was in the tank for less than one min, when its out, for some reason (not sure because of fish bited or the store owner hard hand...) my hand had a bleeding wound. The store onwer used alcohol and bandaged it. Recently I saw an article warns that fish massage can cause all kind of desease - HIV included. Pls advise. I am kind of worry . Thanks Tony

Hello Tony,

Fish massage? That's a new one for me. It certainly doesn't sound all that appealing. Your concerns that fish (massaging, biting or just swimming) can transmit HIV are completely unwarranted. Fish cannot transmit HIV. No way. No how. The "H" in HIV stands for "human" (immunodeficiency virus). The virus is spread only from human to human.

Condom broke during vaginal intercourse
Needing answers