RE: TESTING LIMITATIONS---I DONATED AS PROMISED

Doctor Bob, I did as I promised and donated to the foundation. A few main questions are this. 1) do you without a doubt think that a test at 14 months of last exposure is conclusive? 2) Is there any chance that the "STANDARD" antibody tests could miss a GROUP N/O/CRF/RARE STRAIN? --remember my exposures were with ASIAN women,. What worries me is the lingering symptoms including sore throat(feels like something in it), muscle twitching, and INCREASING BAD FLOATERS. Also, my latest labs as I shared showed increased CMV and EBV levels, and thinking there may be a relationship. I plead a last answer from you. Thank you

1. Yes.

2. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time. Your increased CMV and EBV titers have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. You have had every available HIV-related test. All are negative or undetectable. You just can't get any more negative than that! Your HIV concerns are unwarranted. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV-related tests are warranted. You've had way too many already. I can't say it any more straightforwardly than that!

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. I'm delighted my good-luck/good-health karma continues to bat 1,000!

Be well. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOO-ing.

TESTING LIMITATIONS???--I really need answers please Doctor Bob-- WILL DONATE $100.00 Dec 18, 2010

Doctor,

I have asked you these questions previously but hope you will answer for me as well as others. I had MULTIPLE exposures with ASIAN women here in the United states at massage parlors over the past 3-4 years. My last exposure was september of 2009. Since that time I have had white coating on tongue, strange smell, sore throat((lump)I believe to be related), low grade off and on fevers during the day, few instances of night sweats, weight loss, BAD FLOATERS, increases CMV and monocytes levels, muscle twitching, hand and leg tremors, left leg numbness, groin pain, oral lesions, small hemes in mouth, and poor skin healing,and easy nose bleeding . I have had MULTIPLE HIV tests including oraquick advance blood, Quest HIV 1/O/2, labcorp ICMA HIV 1/O/2. These have been at 59,62,63 weeks respectively. I also had HIV-1 proviral DNA at 6 months, HIV-1 viral load RNA at 9 months, HIV-1 bDNA at 55 weeks, and HIV-2 EIA at 55 weeks. A few question I beg you to answer. 1)is an EIA the same as an ELISA test? 2)I know you have said not to worry about rare strain/groups/crf, but is it possible that these tests I have had Could have missed infection? 3) are there any other tests to do to rule out HIV of ANY SORT? 4) with these symptoms, could I be further along with HIV and still not detectable? 5)is there any direction you would point me to take with the symptoms as well as elevated CMV igm and EBV igg levels? I am SO SCARED, and doctors don't think I should worry anymore about this but multiple doctors cannot explain. 6) Coukd I be one of those rare late serooconverters or unlucky enough to get infected with that rare strain? Please doc I need your help.

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Nope. You've had them all.

4. No, absolutely not.

5. Continue to follow up with a good general medicine doctor regarding any persistent symptoms. I would also urge you to seek psychiatric evaluation and treatment to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears of being HIV infected. The psychiatrist could also help manage your anxiety related to this issue and assist you in accepting the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative.

6. No, absolutely not.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free and that you accept the reality of your HIV-negative status.

Good luck. Happy Healthy Holidays!

same guy fisted hiv+ person than me, what's the risk?
AM I AT RISK,100 DOLLARS ON THE WAY AS DONATION!!