|please clarify the results....... will do a donation of $30
Dec 18, 2010
Dear Doctor........please give me your openion
I took a HIV DNA PCR test on 13th December nearly at 11:00am. My last exposure (lap dance) was on 6th December nearly at 3:00pm. I got the result just now. Below is my results. Please let me know your openion.
(1) HIV-1 Antibody, Confirmation Western Blot Value: <1.00 Range: <1.00 Result: Negative Test Date: 12/13/2010 Results Date: 12/15/2010
(2) HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual Value: Non Reactive Range: Non Reactive Result: Negative Test Date: 12/13/2010 Results Date: 12/15/2010
(3) HIV-1 DNA by PCR With HIV Antibodies by ICMA Value: Negative Range: - Result: Negative Test Date: 12/13/2010 Results Date: 12/17/2010
Please answer below queries
(1) Do I need further testing? (2) How long I need to wait to get an accurate results after the exposure in HIV DNA PCR test ? (3) Do I need to take seperate STD tests? Or these test already includes in the above details I mentioned? (4) please explain what is meant by "<1.00" and "Non Reactive"
My exposure: went to a single strip club and took 15-20 lap dances from oct-25th to dec-6th. some times i have shaved cuts on my face which are 4-5 hours old. i only rubbed my face on neck, between breasts, and some times on butts and thighs which migh contains her vaginal fluids or previous customer's semen. is this a risk? some times i rubbed my finger on my eyes, which touches her butts/thighs. every lap dance was around 5-10 mins and when i cummed in under/pant on, after that she was still rubbing her vagina with her panty on till 10-20 seconds. any of my activities causes any risk?
i am just thinking about my family now regardless of i am at risk or not. i committed to never ever do such things again.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Your HIV-acquisition risk from your 15-20 lap dances is essentially nonexistent.
Responding to your specific questions:
1. Your HIV-acquisition risk is so low that HIV testing would not routinely be recommended. However, if you are worried and want the reassurance of a conclusively negative HIV-antibody test, you'll need to wait until the three-month mark from the date of your last potential exposure.
2. HIV PCR DNA tests are not approved for HIV diagnosis.
3. The only tests you have taken so far are HIV-specific tests. If you want to be screened for other STDs, you'll need to have specific tests run for each disease.
4. The 1.00 is the cutoff value of this test. Your value was "less than 1.00"; therefore, you tested HIV-antibody negative. Non-reactive means negative.
Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.
Be well. Stay well. Noel.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Common Are Anal Warts?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.