very scared i have got hiv

I vitited Philippines and on Nov 28 i drank to much and had unorotected sex with a csw. A few days later it burned when i went pee so i went to the doctor there and got medicine and doctor told me i tested positive for gonorrhea. Almost 2 weeks later i got a rash all over my chest,back and a little on my arms that was pinkish and slightly raised which i fear is hiv rash. I went to hospital here (I back home now in Canada) and got a lot of blood work done and the results won't be ready for a few days. The doctor said the rash was disseminated macular rash and my septic workup negative. I know testing after a few weeks is to earily but i feel tired all the time now, and very scared it was hiv rash. The rash is pretty much gone now after about 4 days. I have never had a rash before. Thank you for any information you could give me!

Unprotected sex does put you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently, STD screening, including HIV testing, is warranted. Your risk is increased, because you contracted gonorrhea, which makes it easier for HIV to be transmitted at the same time. If your doctor feels your rash and other symptoms are consistent with acute retroviral syndrome, he could order an APTIMA HIV-1 RNA Qualitative Assay, which is now FDA approved for HIV diagnosis and can pick up acute HIV infection before seroconversion (development of detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in the blood).

God luck.

Re: Posible Infection!
Just a note to say