Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: Posible Infection!
Dec 18, 2010

Good morning Dr. Bob! Thank you for responding, your work, Dr. Steven, and all the staff of The Body is very good for everyone! I will definitely donate to your foundation and will also encourage others to give. Regardless of my results I'll try to organize here in my city to help encourage those in need! Have a lovely Christmas and New Year! Mr. and Dr. Steven make a wonderful couple, they are much loved here in Brazil! God grant that will continue for a long time with the wonderful work! Congratulations, Gabriel, BR.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Gabriel,

Thanks for your thanks, your very kind comments and your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). All are very warmly appreciated. Dr. Steve and I have traveled to Brazil on several occasions and have had a marvelous time kicking back at the stunning beaches in Rio and dancing Samba into the wee hours with the extremely friendly and oh-so-sexy Brazilians! I'm sure we'll be back.

Be well Gabriel. Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Posible Infection!!! I wonder how I can make a donation to his foundation to live outside the U.S.? Dec 14, 2010

Hello Dr. Bob!

It's okay with Mr.? I wonder how I can make a donation to his foundation to live outside the U.S., in my case in Brazil! We talked a few days, Mr. answered my question with the title "Posible Infection". I had unprotected sex with an ex. girlfriend (vaginal penetration) on 11/10 on 18/10 I had a sore throat and fever of 37.8 C, I told the whole story to my pulmonologist and he requested a blood test which accused Leukocytosis with neutrophilia, he said bacterial infection . After treatment with anti-inflammatory my blood counts normalized. I made an ELISA test at 11 days and two more by immunochromatography and another 35 days to 45 days after exposure and were not Reagent, I'm waiting 90 days for the next test. I convinced my ex. girlfriend doing a test also her chemiluminescence 4th Generation at 46 days after our contact, also not Reagent. I wonder if it is possible that neck pain and fever have been the result of the virus has entered my body in those seven days after exposure and have only affected my CD4 lowering my defenses and allowing the bacterial infection or my body should have shown symptoms of virus infection as Lymphocytosis and thrombocytopenia that were characteristic of the acute phase? I'm using the Mr. because here we have no expert on HIV / AIDS! I'm very worried, every day is a torture for 90 days until the conclusive test! Thank you and congratulations on Dr. Mr. his work and his colleagues are very attentive to everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May God let you continue with this great work!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely remote, considering your partner (your ex-girlfriend) tested HIV negative at day 46 and you have tested HIV negative at day 45. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Therefore you can't rely on them. Your theory about the bacterial infection is not correct.

Relax Max and stop worrying. The odds are now astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from sex with your ex! I'm very confident your definitive three-month test will be negative.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Donations from Brazil can be made via credit card, PayPal, money order, cash, cashier's check or direct wire transfer. Thank you for your interest in helping others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your conclusive three-month HIV-antibody test remains negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV RISK
Next
very scared i have got hiv

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.