Doctor unwilling to give me copy of labs

Virginia -- my previous doctor is not willing to give me a copy of my lab results. Is he not legally bound to give me a copy upon request? or should I just have all the tests re-done with my new doctor.

Virginia has some really screwy ideas about health care. After all, isn't a Virginia judge claiming that the new health care legislation is unconstitutional?

Yes, your doctor should (must) provide you with a copy of your medical record, including laboratory results. Some doctors may charge you for making copies of the records. Another way to get access to your records is to sign a medical release at your new doctor's office. The old doctor would then have to release your records to your new doctor and your new doctor would probably share them with you. I can see why you may have fired your old doctor!

Would you Please help a Young Lady before the Holidays? - I am making a Donation.
HIV infection cure? Was told on CNN. What do you think? Mommy of three. (BERLIN PATIENT, 2010) (TIMOTHY BROWN, THE BERLIN PATIENT, 2010)