nPEP

I had a recent unanticipated sexual exposure to HIV. I received a nPEP starter pack at the ED of a local University Hospital until I could see my doctor (I luckily have health insurance). I was able to get a referral to an ID doctor and without a delay continuing taking Truvada/Kaletra. So, all is good for the prophylaxis. But the question I have is that the ID doctor is saying I need to be on the meds for 6 weeks when I know that 28-days is the commonly followed regimen. Does my ID doc know something that is a better regimen or is she just not knowledgable about an nPEP regimen? My follow-up dilemna is that I have enough meds to get me through the entire 28-days but will need a prescription refill for the additional 2-weeks (6-weeks total). I have always followed a doctor's advice, so I am feeling guilty considering just taking the meds through the CDC's recommended 28-days and therefore not requesting a precription refill. Thanks for your advice.

A complete course of nPEP is 28 days. You are correct and your ID doctor is mistaken. If she insists on six weeks, I suggest you find another more competent HIV physician specialist. Consider using the locate-an-HIV-specialist function on the Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site at www.aahivm.org. These physicians are certified HIV experts.

mad young man' repost,for some misunderstandings.plese have a look.
Would you Please help a Young Lady before the Holidays? - I am making a Donation.