TESTING LIMITATIONS???--I really need answers please Doctor Bob-- WILL DONATE $100.00
Dec 18, 2010
Doctor, I have asked you these questions previously but hope you will answer for me as well as others. I had MULTIPLE exposures with ASIAN women here in the United states at massage parlors over the past 3-4 years. My last exposure was september of 2009. Since that time I have had white coating on tongue, strange smell, sore throat((lump)I believe to be related), low grade off and on fevers during the day, few instances of night sweats, weight loss, BAD FLOATERS, increases CMV and monocytes levels, muscle twitching, hand and leg tremors, left leg numbness, groin pain, oral lesions, small hemes in mouth, and poor skin healing,and easy nose bleeding . I have had MULTIPLE HIV tests including oraquick advance blood, Quest HIV 1/O/2, labcorp ICMA HIV 1/O/2. These have been at 59,62,63 weeks respectively. I also had HIV-1 proviral DNA at 6 months, HIV-1 viral load RNA at 9 months, HIV-1 bDNA at 55 weeks, and HIV-2 EIA at 55 weeks. A few question I beg you to answer. 1)is an EIA the same as an ELISA test? 2)I know you have said not to worry about rare strain/groups/crf, but is it possible that these tests I have had Could have missed infection? 3) are there any other tests to do to rule out HIV of ANY SORT? 4) with these symptoms, could I be further along with HIV and still not detectable? 5)is there any direction you would point me to take with the symptoms as well as elevated CMV igm and EBV igg levels? I am SO SCARED, and doctors don't think I should worry anymore about this but multiple doctors cannot explain. 6) Coukd I be one of those rare late serooconverters or unlucky enough to get infected with that rare strain? Please doc I need your help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
3. Nope. You've had them all.
4. No, absolutely not.
5. Continue to follow up with a good general medicine doctor regarding any persistent symptoms. I would also urge you to seek psychiatric evaluation and treatment to help you confront and conquer your irrational fears of being HIV infected. The psychiatrist could also help manage your anxiety related to this issue and assist you in accepting the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative.
6. No, absolutely not.
Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free and that you accept the reality of your HIV-negative status.
Good luck. Happy Healthy Holidays!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Vagina?
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can You Get Genital Warts On The Labia Minor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.